As a part of the ongoing beverage partnership between Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU) and PepsiCo, a portion of every bottle of Aquafina water sold at the airport during March 2021 was donated to Vet Tix, an organization benefiting veterans and their families.
To date, Vet Tix has donated nearly 10 million tickets to veterans to attend events that reduce stress, strengthen family bonds, build life-long memories, and encourage service members to stay engaged with local communities and American life. The money raised at RDU will go towards distributing event tickets to veterans located in the Raleigh-Durham area.
Thank you to @RDUAirport and @PepsiCarolinas for supporting the Vet Tix Mission! The funds donated from this @aquafina campaign will be used towards procuring event tickets in North Carolina. Thanks to all who supported this. 🇺🇸 https://t.co/secxF6Pkvl
— Vet Tix (@VetTix) June 9, 2021
- $2,000 was raised to support Vet Tix through the program
- Tickets procured from this event will be distributed to active and inactive veterans in the greater Raleigh-Durham area
- Aquafina concessions sales increased by 93% vs the comparable prior period
- Aquafina vending sales increased 40% vs the comparable prior period
- The program was supported via a comprehensive on-site and targeted digital messaging campaign
- Digital advertising targeted to the devices of people arriving, waiting, and departing RDU
- Concessionaires were supplied with signage to highlight the promotion and boost sales
- The campaign generated over 450,000 impressions and over 1,300 clicks