As a part of the ongoing partnership between the Philadelphia Division of Aviation, MarketPlace, and PepsiCo, travelers at Philadelphia International Airport will now be able to enjoy the LIFEWTR Lounge, a first-of-its-kind installation.
#PHLAirport is now home to the first-ever LifeWTR Lounge. Located by to the A-East security checkpoint, the lounge provides PHL guests with a space to recharge with beverages and snacks and exclusive content from Philly’s emerging artists. Check it out: https://t.co/hfpVzdAJXb. pic.twitter.com/dqlDj7XitU
— PHLAirport (@PHLAirport) May 20, 2021
Not only does the lounge provide beverages, snacks, and a place for travelers to re-charge, the LIFEWTR lounge also features a new monthly video series showcasing rising Philadelphia talent across music, film, fashion and the visual arts.
“For many years, our award-winning Airport Exhibition Program has highlighted the outstanding work of local artists through terminal art exhibits and performances,” said PHL CEO Chellie Cameron. “The LIFEWTR Lounge provides PHL with more opportunities to introduce our passengers to artists from the Greater Philadelphia region – while they are in our terminal or on their journeys.”
“LIFEWTR has always believed that nothing should limit a creator from sharing their perspective with the world. That’s why we are committed to using our platform to ensure the work of talented creatives are seen by the masses – no matter who they are or where they come from,” Rachel Prowler, Sr. Manager of Marketing, PBNA North Division. “The LIFEWTR Lounge and LIFEWTR PRESENTS series are our latest manifestations to that vision under the Life Unseen platform, and we can’t wait for PHL travelers to discover the unique talents found right here in Philly.”
- A lounge space that not only features food and beverage, but spotlights local artists through the new LIFEWTR PRESENTS platform
- Travelers can engage with the artists’ work in an interactive format accessible via QR codes placed throughout the lounge
- Featured art exhibits will include:
- “Disruptive Jazz” with musician Arnetta Johnson
- “Transcending Stereotypes” with singer, songwriter, producer, artist and humanitarian Zeek Burse
- “Expressive Arts Healing” with artist, educator and mental health advocate Shanina Dionna
- “Choosing a Creative Medium for Your Message” with visual artist, music producer, international DJ and fashion designer, Gianni Lee
- As a part of the debut, LIFEWTR has made a $25,000 donation to local arts organization, chosen in partnership with the featured artists
- LIFEWTR Lounge is an extension of the Life Unseen platform, which aims to raise awareness for fair representation in the arts