Customer and Employee Safety is Focus as Tenants “Reopen”:
In the midst of the uncertain times brought on by COVID-19, PepsiCo, the beverage partner chosen by MarketPlace Development and the Metropolitan Washington Airport Authority (MWAAA) for Reagan National Airport and Dulles International Airport, has endeavored to demonstrate the value of its partnership. In addition to a robust “Welcome Back Kit” shared with airport tenants, the partner also provided a proactive approach sharing re-opening resources and insights with MWAA and MarketPlace.
Access the Full Customer Engagement Highlight Report:
Ever since COVID-19 began affecting business operations and everyone’s daily lives in March, the PepsiCo account team has been sharing the wealth of information that PepsiCo has gathered with respect to the pandemic, particularly related to expected consumer behavior and guidance for reopening businesses safely. As information has evolved and more data has been gathered, updated insights and new information have been shared. In addition to written materials, PepsiCo has also provided access to various webinars centered around COVID-19 response.
Considering the breadth of PepsiCo’s business operations across the country and the globe, the level of insights they can provide were incredibly valuable for MarketPlace and MWAA. These insights have been shared during a particularly challenging time for everyone, providing guidance on a path forward, not just for airport tenants, but for MWAA and MarketPlace as well.
“It would be a huge understatement to say that the last few months have been a challenge for our merchants. However, during this difficult period, PepsiCo has demonstrated phenomenal levels of partnership as they have shared their resources, and particularly their time, to assist the merchants every step of the way.”
– Paul Sheridan, GM, Dulles International Airport, MarketPlace Development
“Welcome Back” Packet Highlights:
- Instructions for resuming beverage orders (for tenants that were closed and are reopening)
- Fountain equipment restart procedures and troubleshooting resources
- Ongoing and updated COVID-19 insights from the PepsiCo category management team and industry publications, providing consumer insights as well as recommendations for business operations
- Details regarding new product offerings, such as Bang Energy drinks, Tropicana chilled juices, Kevita kombucha and probiotic beverages, and Naked! smoothies.
- PepsiCo-provided LIFEWTR ambient rack resources to increase water sales and drive revenue growth
- Updated planograms that include new category insights used by PepsiCo sales team when optimizing beverage assortment in the beverage section of the coolers