A Personal Note from Tim Harms, Enliven’s Managing Director
No, this is not another notice about the steps our company is taking to address COVID-19 (though we are taking many precautions). Nor is this an email reminding you to wash your hands and practice physical distancing (though, please do).
Rather, this is an email from our heart to yours.
We find ourselves waking these mornings to a world previously unthinkable. Before our very eyes, life as we’ve known it has turned upside down. The words we hear over and over – “pandemic”, “shelter in place”, “flatten the curve” — are words absent from our vocabulary less than two weeks ago.
People are scared. Times are uncertain. Jobs are being lost. Sickness is spreading.
We don’t know how long this new reality will last: a few weeks, a few months, a few years?… or if everything will change and there are things that will never look the same again.
But one thing revealed in these dark moments: we are in this together.
While the enemy we are fighting is invisible, the heroes in this story are very much visible:
- The nurses that sacrifice their own well-being to care for the sick among us
- The scientists that are working day and night to develop a vaccine
- The epidemiologists that are educating the world about how to combat a never-before-seen threat
- The grocery clerks who are working overtime to keep the shelves as stocked as possible
- The small business owners who are pulling their hair out to figure out how to keep paying their staff
- The working parents who are now educating their children at home while also adjusting to new work-from-home realities
- And many more…
Our company’s internal mission statement is to create opportunities where none previously existed.
We just happen to be in the business of negotiating best-in-class beverage deals and partnerships for hospitals, airports, and restaurants.
We’ve never published our mission statement before, and have never felt the need to. If you’ve interacted with any of us in the past, our hope is you’ve noticed an entrepreneurial, buoyant spirit that can’t contain itself: we love creating opportunities.
It filters into everything we do:
- For our courageous clients: opportunities for incredible but previously unknown savings and recurring revenue
- For our beverage company suppliers: opportunities for partnerships perhaps otherwise unavailable
- For our employees: opportunities to grow professionally and do significant work with significant companies
- For our communities: opportunities to better our world through collaborations with organizations like 4Ocean and Second Harvest
We don’t intend to stop creating opportunities now.
Here’s our vow to you: while we don’t know what the next day (or year) brings, we’re ready to help you create opportunities.
We’re proud of the work you do every day. In fact, we’ve never been more proud.
- To the hospital system on the front-lines: you are performing heroic deeds to keep us healthy and alive
- To the restaurant chain whose operating model has been turned upside down: you feed and nourish our world
- To the airport with a fraction of its typical travelers: you connect us all to each other and expand our horizons
You are now being forced to make tough decisions, just to stay above water, that were unthinkable only a few days ago.
We will get through this, together. Even in the current landscape, we’re ready to find the opportunities, starting today.
Our core business of negotiating beverage partnerships often provides our clients with significant up-front cash payments, guaranteed recurring revenue, and new, innovative marketing resources. If we can provide any assistance in this crazy time — any hope and good news in the midst of a weary and anxious world — it would be an honor to connect.
Your mission is too important, the jobs you provide are too valuable, and the leadership you bring to your team is too crucial to waver now. There’s opportunity to be seized.
Wishing you the best of health and heart,
Tim Harms on behalf of the entire team at Enliven